|Project Title||Office of American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (ASHA): Communications and Training Internship|
|Project Summary||The eIntern will assist USAID's Office of American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (USAID/ASHA) in the production of communications and training products, including written, video and multimedia products, to enhance understanding of its activities and procedures for both the public and ASHA's partners.|
|Agency||Agency for International Development|
|Number of Interns||2|
USAID/ASHA supports schools, libraries, and medical centers outside of the United States that serve as study and demonstration centers for the ideas and practices of the United States. The ASHA program helps foster mutual understanding and positive relationships between the U.S. and foreign countries through grants to premier institutions committed to the advancement of health and education globally.
Over the course of FY16 and FY17, USAID/ASHA plans to roll-out several new communications and training tools. The communications items will be targeted at USAID/ASHA's major stakeholders, including peer offices within the Agency, other U.S. Government entities, and the American public, and cover topics ranging from USAID/ASHA's current portfolio to its historical accomplishments. Training items will generally be targeted towards USAID/ASHA's partners, with the purpose of helping them understand and navigate USAID/ASHA's procedures.
Specific duties may include:
• Helping plan and design specific communication/training products;
• Assisting in the collection of information for these products from existing resources or original research, as necessary;
• Working with USAID/ASHA staff to create communication/training products;
• Participating in the deployment of those products via various communication channels, including social media; and
• Supporting ASHA in the planning and execution of its Annual Conference, generally held in April or May of each year.
ASHA Website: 1.usa.gov/1S6ZPhM