|Project Title||Graphic Design Assistant|
|Project Summary||This intern role will be responsible for designing various pieces of collateral to promote the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). Work includes but is not limited to Social Media content design, PowerPoint design, web banners, and multipage publications.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who is energetic and has experience in delivering quality design in a professional culture. The candidate should have excellent organizational skills, be able to work efficiently both individually and in groups, promptly meet deadlines and has strong communication skills. Most of all, we are looking for someone who will truly fit in amongst committed, savvy and fun professionals who want to make a difference.
- Must be a Junior or Senior enrolled in a college or university
- Facilitates the production of creative projects for the ECA
- Strong aesthetic sense, conceptual skills, ability to bring messages to life and clearly communicates ideas
- Experienced in using Adobe Creative Suite- strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office- PowerPoint
- Maintains a knowledge of best practices, social trends and industry updates
- Able to multi-task and take on several projects while meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with the app Slack is a plus
*All applicants must provide a link to their portfolio.
*The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs works to build friendly, peaceful relations between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through academic, cultural, sports, and professional exchanges, as well as public-private partnerships.