|Project Title||Social Media Support|
|Project Summary||Provide assistance in social media strategy and outreach campaigns for the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). Develop and refine visual and contextual content to engage domestic and foreign audiences, keeping abreast of current online trends and buzzworthy topics.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
The e-intern will support the IVLP’s social media coordinator in drafting social media content, designing infographics and other visual materials, and monitoring an online network of hundreds of program stakeholders (including, but not limited to, U.S. embassies abroad and local community-based organizations across the United States).
• Draft and submit tweets, Facebook posts, and short web articles
• As directed, design basic graphic material for use on social media sites
• Monitor multiple platforms for trending topics
• Scan relevant accounts for information relevant to the IVLP
|Social Media Marketing|
Specific knowledge or skills required:
• Strong writing skills
• Experience with a variety of social media platforms
• Some design skills (Adobe Suite or online design applications) preferred
• An interest in international exchanges
This internship is in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) brings current and emerging leaders from around the world to the United States for intensive three-week exchanges. Each year, approximately 5,000 participants on over 800 projects focus on thematic topics including U.S. foreign policy, climate change and renewable energy, conflict resolution, investigative journalism, volunteerism, rule of law, and more.