|Project Title||Democracy and Human Rights Digital Design Intern|
|Project Summary||The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL) is looking for two VSFS e-Interns with strong video editing and graphic design skills who are interested in developing digital content that supports U.S. efforts to advance democracy and human rights issues worldwide.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
• Create original digital content (including video, social media, and infographics)
• Manage analytics for DRL’s digital media accounts
• Produce regular media summaries on human rights issues
• Research and write about specific human rights issues
• Other tasks as assigned
You’ll be working directly with DRL's public diplomacy team in Washington DC. The internship would continue through May 2017.
• Knowledge of graphic design software such as: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Pixlr, Canva
• Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premier, Final Cut, etc.
• Experience with Adobe Pro
• Background or interest in web design (HTML) and/or 508 accessibility
• Strong editing/proofreading ability
To express interest, please email Collettjp@state.gov with your resume, a sample digital design product, and a sample tweet on why you are interested in this opportunity.