Project Code: STATE-BGD-24
|Project Title||Bangladesh: ArcGIS Specialist for Migration Pattern and Crisis Preparedness Projects|
|Project Summary||Create visual representations of Bangladeshi migration patterns. Support the safety and security of U.S. citizens living in Bangladesh by generating maps of local crisis preparedness resources.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
We're seeking a motivated, self-directed, data-loving ArcGIS specialist to help the U.S. Embassy Dhaka Consular Section with migration tracking and crisis preparedness projects. Our goal is to create maps for U.S. Consular Officers to understand Bangladeshi visa applicants better and to assist U.S. citizens living in Bangladesh more effectively.
What will you do?
- Generate ArcGIS maps of Bangladeshi immigrant visa beneficiary and petitioner locations
- Generate ArcGIS maps of emergency services in Bangladesh
- Research migration patterns and factors influencing them
- Investigate Bangladeshi crisis preparedness resources
What will you gain?
- First-hand knowledge of overseas consular operations
- Practical data analysis and strategic planning experience
- Tangible products for your resume or portfolio
- Career advice and mentoring from U.S. Department of State employees
We look forward to working with you!