Project Code: STATE-USA-A-137
|Project Title||Empowering Women in International Affairs|
|Project Summary||Support the Executive Women at State employee affinity group as we enhance internal communication by engaging our audience with eye-catching visual products, such as newsletters, presentations, advertisements, special projects, and more.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||3|
Create a report on best practices for promoting women’s advancement:
• Gather, analyze and report on themes and tools from relevant and accurate information and articles related to topics such as advancement of women in senior leadership roles, unconscious bias, and professional development.
Enhance outreach to our membership:
• Create membership outreach surveys to assess membership reactions to our events and advocacy issues, elicit input.
• Develop and write documents for use in specific projects, events, and visual communication (e.g., book club toolkits, newsletters, brochures, flyers, and social media content).
• Attend special events remotely (e.g., book club, speaker events), generate discussion questions, and take notes for follow-up and write-ups for our newsletters and other outreach to members.
Develop resources to more effectively focus our advocacy and events:
• Research events and speakers to create a list of resources and toolkits.
The Executive Women at State affinity group is divided into three cohorts: Entry/Junior, Associate, and Executive. One intern will be assigned to each cohort and work on overall projects. Each intern will work directly with the EW@S PoCs (Outreach or Issues committee chairs for each of three cohorts, keeping all looped in through the Executive cohort’s EW@S Communications committee via email and weekly or bi-weekly phone calls).
Usual lifecycle of each project: receive project request and deadlines for deliverables, submit deliverable, receive feedback, make revisions and finalize project for submission.
Production tools VSFS candidate should know how to use and have at their disposal before applying: Google Drive, Microsoft Office, platform for creating newsletters (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher, etc.).
Primary viewing platforms used by internal/external audiences: Windows/Microsoft workstations, SharePoint and WordPress sites, Media Wiki-based websites.
Other desirable skills/interests:
Must be fluent written and spoken English. Interest in women in leadership and public-sector organizational dynamics.