Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-153
|Project Title||Midwestern Diplomacy|
|Project Summary||Apply the Midwest to Department of State Diplomacy. Partner with the Diplomat in Residence for the Midwest in arranging public outreach to recruit new professionals and interns. Take an active role facilitating the Department's "Adopt an Embassy" program to High Schools through out the country.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
Assist the Diplomat in Residence of the Midwest to inform the public about the work of our nation's diplomats and to recruit Foreign Service Officers, Civil Service, Consular Fellows and interns to conduct and support diplomacy.
Duties will include:
• Develop social media content of regional interest
• Engage with key influencers to promote understanding of State Department programs.
• Collaborate with the DIR to develop a plan of engagement for the region.
• Assist with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participate in and observe events; support events by assisting with registration, taking photos,
noting questions, etc.
• Research new and update existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conduct data analysis and track metrics to measure outcomes.
Preference will be given to students studying in the Midwest (Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, Wisconsin)
Facilitate the Department's "Adopt an Embassy program connecting High Schools with Department Bureaus and Embassies.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
You will be part of a dynamic and exciting team of U.S. Department of State Diplomats in Residence and Washington-based Recruiters and interns across the country working to attract, identify, and encourage young people and career professions to become the next generation of professionals conducting and supporting U.S. diplomacy. You will be able to contribute your energy and skills to assist the Department in meeting its workforce needs for the future. You will gain first-hand knowledge of how the U.S. Department recruits candidates for the U.S. Foreign Service, Civil Service, internships, and the Consular Fellows Program.