|Project Title||Are you read to be part of the wiki revolution?|
|Project Summary||Editing the wiki is fun and addictive|
|Number of Interns||4|
Powerpedia is a non-public, employee created encyclopedia of information about the Department of Energy (DOE). It uses the same technology that powers Wikipedia (Mediawiki) and can be accessed and edited by any DOE employee or contractor. Powerpedia's mission is to help employees share information on topics while improving communication and coordination between DOE organizations. It is solely for authorized internal use by Department of Energy employees and contractors working at DOE headquarters and field sites.
Any DOE employee or contractor working in DOE headquarters or at a DOE field site can view and search the Powerpedia wiki. This project is partly inspired by Intellipedia, a Wikipedia-like intelligence database.
Want to have an internship in which:
- your work will make a difference for years to come,
- you can learn how Wikipedia works,
- there is opportunities to work independently,
- you will never have a point where you will be sitting around with nothing to do
- when you finish your internship, you will have a tangible list of accomplishment
- there is an opportunity to learn more about an the cutting edge work DOE and our national labs are accomplishing
If you, you have found the right internship. We will teach you all you need to know to help us accomplish DOE's mission of ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.