Project Code: STATE-USA-R-21
|Project Title||Digital Storyteller - Social media and Content contributor for International Youth Networks|
|Project Summary||Create engaging digital content to inspire thousands of youth leaders across Africa and Latin America to foster change in their communities!|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||4|
The "Networks" office in R/PPR manages the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Network and the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Network. They are vibrant communities of over half a million young African, Latin American, and Caribbean leaders whom we want to encourage to create positive social and economic change in their communities.
Primary project tasks include developing social media and website content:
● Research and draft multimedia content (social media posts, blog posts, videos, graphics/infographics, etc.) relevant to young African and Latin American leaders, with a particular focus on leadership, professional development, and entrepreneurship as well as our policy online campaigns on issues such as transparency and good governance, civic participation and democracy, and women’s empowerment.
● Social media listening and analysis to identify emerging trends and recommend opportunities for future social media engagement with youth audiences leveraging digital channels.
● Review network member submissions about their experiences and projects in the Screendoor and Google Forms platforms and draft social media and blog content highlights.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
We are looking for creative, proactive students with initiative who can help us brainstorm and create relevant content to engage these YALI and YLAI Network young leaders.
Additional tasks include:
● Assist with the monitoring of social media chats (Facebook or Twitter) with experts.
● Assist with follow-up by drafting social media and blog content highlights from the chats.
● Assist with email list data updates and list data clean-up as needed.
● If you are DC-based, there is also the possibility of assisting with local events related to these youth networks (summits, conferences, etc.).
● The position requires the use of G Suite tools, such as Google Drive and Google Docs, and the Slack messaging platform.
For more information on the YALI Network, visit yali.state.gov.
For more information on the YLAI Network, visit ylai.state.gov.