Project Code: STATE-AFG-40
|Project Title||U.S. Embassy Kabul: Digital Alumni Outreach Specialist|
|Project Summary||This project aims to expand the reach of U.S. Embassy messaging with this vast alumni network via digital tools, engage and encourage more active alumni involvement in U.S. priority initiatives such as the peace process, and create an online professional development and networking community.|
|Country/Region of Focus||Afghanistan|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
U.S. Embassy Kabul is looking for a social media and digital media specialist, experience to help develop, implement, and manage a robust communication and outreach plan to help better engage the U.S. public diplomacy program alumni network (Fulbright, International Visitor Leadership Program, ACCESS, YES, YSEL,ETC) This project will require a specific set of monthly tasks, as well as long-term digital/social media strategy planning, including but not limited to:
• Designing and writing a monthly newsletter via MailChimp.
• Creating a website or landing page for alumni announcements linked to the monthly newsletter and social content.
• Recommending new tools or programs that will be better suited for our digital outreach efforts.
• Drafting social media content and maintaining an active social media presence for our Embassy managed alumni social media page. (3-4 posts per week.)
• Developing a strategy by which to increase and expand engagement with alumni via social media
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
You will be part of a dynamic and exciting team of U.S. Department of State Foreign Service Officers and Locally Employed Staff in Kabul, Afghanistan. You will gain knowledge of how the U.S. Department communicates with their alumni.