Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-94
|Project Title||Diplomacy in D.C.|
|Project Summary||Bring Diplomacy to Washington, D.C. Assist the Diplomat in Residence for D.C. in arranging and conducting public outreach to explain U.S. diplomacy and recruit new professionals and interns.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
Assist the Diplomat in Residence to inform audiences about the work of our nation's diplomats and to recruit
professionals to conduct and support diplomacy at home and abroad. Duties will include:
• Develop social media content of regional interest
• Engage with key influencers to promote understanding of State Department programs.
• Collaborate with the DIR to develop a plan of engagement for the region.
• Assist with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participate in and observe events; support events by assisting with registration, taking photos,
noting questions, etc.
• Research new and update existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conduct data analysis and track metrics to measure outcomes.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
You'll be part of a team of State Department recruiters and interns across the country working to attract and
identify the next generation of professionals for conducting and supporting U.S. diplomacy. You will have an
opportunity to contribute to planning for how the State Department will meet its workforce needs in the future
and you will work to implement recruitment activities.