Project Code: NCMNPS-USA-2
|Project Title||Commission Outreach Regional Liaison|
|Project Summary||Our vision is that by working together, every American will be inspired and eager to serve and we hope you join us in making this vision a reality. You will assist the Government Affairs & External Relations team in arranging and conducting outreach in one of the nine census divisions.|
|Country/Region of Focus||United States|
|Agency||National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service|
|Office Symbol||National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service|
|Number of Interns||9|
Assist the Government Affairs & External Relations team to inform the American public about the work of the National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service. Duties will include:
• Support the Commission in any visit to your city, state, or region.
• Develop social media content of regional interest.
• Engage with key influencers to promote understanding the mandate of the Commission.
• Collaborate with the Government Affairs & External Relations team to develop a plan of engagement for the city, state, or region.
• Assist with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As needed, participate in and observe events; support events by assisting with registration, taking photos, noting questions, etc.
• Research new and update existing contact information for stakeholders.
• Conduct data analysis and track metrics to measure outcomes.
|Editing and proofreading|
The National Commission on Military, National and Public Service is an 11-member bipartisan commission tasked for the first time in American history, with comprehensively and holistically reviewing the Selective Service System, along with military, national, and public service. The Commission hopes to ignite a national conversation about ideas of service as it develops recommendations for the Congress, the President, and the American public by March 2020. The Commission was formally established on September 19, 2017 and will formally disband in September 2020. While unpaid, course or independent study college or university credit may be arranged per individual school policies.
Nine Census Divisions:
Division 1: New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont)
Division 2: Mid-Atlantic (New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania)
Division 3: East North Central (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin)
Division 4: West North Central (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota)
Division 5: South Atlantic (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, and West Virginia)
Division 6: East South Central (Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee)
Division 7: West South Central (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas)
Division 8: Mountain (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming)
Division 9: Pacific (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington)