Project Code: STATE-USA-M-160
|Project Title||Air Quality Fellowship Coordinator|
|Project Summary||Connect US air quality expertise to the globe through serving as the coordinator for the Department of State's Air Quality Fellowship, which connects more than 45 air quality experts to US embassies and consulates overseas.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
This position will coordinate the fast-growing Air Quality Fellowship program, a virtual program whereby U.S. air quality experts volunteer 10-20 hours per month to assist posts. The program has been used as a model for other programs. The program is in its fourth year; it tripled in size from year one to year two, with over 45 fellows matched with 50 posts this year. You will get to:
• Manage the matching process for approved fellows with posts, taking into consideration fellows’ expertise and post needs.
- Write content for public and internal use, including cables, media notes, and social media.
• Design and implement community building events, webinars, and messaging for current and alumni fellows and participating posts.
• Advise posts and regional bureaus on how to utilize fellows optimally.
• Maintain central repository of materials, guidance, and analysis done by fellows, as well as resources for them to utilize in their work.
• Serve as main point of contact for posts and fellows, and as a liaison for the program with other agencies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Editing and proofreading|
A sense of humor, interest in international affairs, project management skills, discretion, and willingness to hustle will serve you well!