Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-35
|Project Title||Promote Diplomacy in South Florida|
|Project Summary||Promote U.S. Department of State careers in South Florida and Puerto Rico. Assist the Diplomat in Residence for South Florida/Puerto Rico in arranging and conducting public outreach to explain U.S. diplomacy and recruit new professionals and interns.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
Assist the Diplomat in Residence (DIR) to inform audiences about the work of our nation's diplomats and to recruit the next generation of America’s professional diplomats. Duties will include:
• Develop social media content of regional interest
• Engage with key influencers to promote understanding of State Department programs.
• Collaborate with the DIR to develop a plan of engagement for the region.
• Assist with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participate in and observe events; support events by assisting with registration, taking photos, noting questions, etc.
• Research new and update existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conduct data analysis and track metrics to measure outcomes.
Preference will be given to students studying in South Florida who have been at their institutions for a minimum of one year, preferably two. Note: North Florida (north of Orlando and Tampa) area students should apply for the DIR Southeast program.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
You'll be part of a team of State Department recruiters and interns across the country working to attract and identify the next generation of American professional diplomats. You will contribute to planning for how the State Department will meet its workforce needs in the future, and you will support and help expand the DIR’s recruitment activities all over South Florida and in Puerto Rico.