Project Code: STATE-SGP-24
|Project Title||Chinese-Language Media Analysis in Singapore|
|Project Summary||Review Chinese-language Singaporean media (primarily Lianhe Zaobao) and provide weekly summary of key topics and tone of coverage. This will help with our overall tracking of the public sentiment in the region on brand America. In addition, track media coverage for Xinjiang and/or Uyghurs.|
|Country/Region of Focus||Singapore|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||3|
Seeking support to enhance the Public Affairs department’s ability to monitor current events, economic, political, and social trends, provide critical analysis and research on specific topics related to PAS goals and development.
|Editing and proofreading|
● Language requirements – Fluent in reading and writing Mandarin Chinese and fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
● This project will help virtual student foreign service interns develop writing and communications skills, analysis, and research skills, as well as gain an understanding of the media sentiment in the region.
● Conduct research on public sentiment in Singapore and potential impacts (economic, social, etc.) it would have;
● Compare and contrast coverage from various media outlets;
● Compile weekly briefers (in written and/or graphic form) of major trends that could affect the Mission’s ability to achieve its goal and objectives (economic, political, social trends both in Singapore and in the region and the world; public statements by leading Singaporean, or other dignitaries;
● Produce briefers, one page documents, or other research papers and analysis on topics related to the Mission’s current and future programs;
● Other duties as required.