Project Code: STATE-MEX-171
|Project Title||Mexico Current Events Meets Ups|
|Project Summary||The American Space in Mexico City, the Benjamin Franklin Library, will organize virtual Current Events Meet Ups between e-Interns and Mexicans.|
|Country/Region of Focus||Mexico|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
The American Space in Mexico City, the Benjamin Franklin Library, will organize virtual Current Events Meet Ups between e-Interns and Mexicans. The main sites will be American Spaces located in Mexico City, Veracruz and Chiapas. The goal will be to encourage an objective analysis of news sources and offer an opportunity to learn about current issues, both national and international, that are significant to the United States. In addition, Mexican participants will have an opportunity to practice and improve their English.
The e-Interns will:
- Design and develop plans for several two-month long Meet Ups, including an introduction to news analysis.
- Keep up-to-date with news in the U.S., selecting headlines and articles to discuss each week.
- Facilitate three weekly (1.5 – 2 hours each session) virtual meet ups with 10 Mexican university students and/or journalists at three different American Spaces.
Meet Up Details:
- Three to four two-month-long Meet-Ups over the eight-month period.
- Three weekly meetings, 1.5-2 hours each, with Mexico City, Veracruz, and Chiapas.
- Participants: 10 university students/journalists in each two-month round.
- Technology: Delivered via preferred virtual platform.