Project Code: STATE-USA-H-5
|Project Title||Marketing the Bureau of Legislative Affairs|
|Project Summary||Improve communications with stakeholders and inspire staff to become the next generation of U.S. diplomats through the creation of an effective communications strategy that includes creative use of media platforms and identifying targets of opportunity to showcase expertise with traditional media.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
Seeking a creative and communications savvy intern who can add innovative value in the public messaging done within the Bureau of Legislative Affairs. You will research and create innovative content that can be featured in various government and business journals. You will assist with the development of an overall communications strategy for the Bureau of Legislative Affairs and assist in identifying opportunities to work with traditional media outlets.
The ideal intern for this position will be a:
• Strategic thinker who can assist in creating communications plans to support the bureau’s recruitment efforts.
• Innovator who understands the digital landscape and can create content that will be meaningful and powerful.
• Researcher. Thorough research capabilities will be important for understanding private sector marketing and business practices.
• Inspirational writer. Thoughtful writing will be important when profiling State Dept. employees and interns.
• Understanding the art of headline writing and importance of writing engaging introductions.
• Visionary and creative individual that is passionate about public service and can tell the Department of State's story through presentations, pamphlets, photos, and videos.
The Bureau of Legislative Affairs at the Department of State coordinates legislative activity for the Department of State and advises the Secretary, the Deputy, as well as the Under Secretaries and Assistant Secretaries on legislative strategy. In addition to our internal stakeholders, the bureau also has external stakeholders to include 535 Members of Congress and their staff.