Project Code: STATE-USA-ECA-201
|Project Title||Evaluation and Monitoring Assistant|
|Project Summary||This e-internship will contribute to the creation of a strong theory of change for the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) and assist with the creation of a dashboard and toolkit for project evaluation.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
The Office of International Visitors has a draft theory of change and an active survey tool to collect pre- and post-program information from nearly 5,000 participants each year. The selected e-intern will review the draft theory of change and update survey questions to better quantify program effectiveness. The e-intern will assist with the creation of a dashboard designed to provide all program partners a visualization tool to enhance the use of evaluation data when making programmatic decisions. The e-intern will review bureau strategy and provide advice on creation of a tool that will underscore the effectiveness of program themes and project types to highlight program impact on foreign policy goals. The toolkit will provide program partners a successful mechanism to evaluate projects against stated goals and objectives and assist program teams as they tailor new projects to meet departmental requirements.
|Editing and proofreading|
This internship is in the Office of International Visitors, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) brings current and emerging leaders from around the world to the United States for intensive three-week exchanges. Each year, approximately 5,000 participants on over 500 projects focus on thematic topics including U.S. foreign policy, renewable energy, conflict resolution, investigative journalism, volunteerism, rule of law, and more. This e-internship is your chance to be a part of a meaningful monitoring and evaluation effort that will provide data for future programmatic decisions.
Specific duties include:
• Develop measurable indicators that tie to the functional bureau strategy and track success of IVLP projects
• Create and maintain a dashboard to visualize insights using survey data collected from participants based on various programmatic roles (embassy staff, OIV staff member, nonprofit partner)
• Review and revise survey questions to reflect measurable indicators
• Use participant survey data from Exchanges Impact and develop a clear analysis plan and toolkit that informs managers on the effectiveness of the IVLP in meeting its stated goals, objectives, and priorities
• Summarize and communicate trends that support key policy and resource decisions for the Office of International Visitors
Join us in our efforts to create a systematic evaluation policy during the IVLP 80th anniversary year!