Project Code: STATE-USA-ECA-30
|Project Title||Podcast Production Internship - Life Changing Stories About International Exchange Programs|
|Project Summary||The Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affair's podcast (eca.state.gov/2233) is looking for interns to join the podcast production team virtually and assist in the development & distribution of its innovative podcast series. New episodes are published weekly on all major podcasting platforms.|
|Country/Region of Focus||Global|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||3|
ECA's Collaboratory team is looking for creative interns who are interested in developing their digital diplomacy & podcast production skills! Interns will work in the following areas:
1) Technical Production
- Assisting in pre- and post-production of the podcast.
- Managing a database of audio files & other digital assets.
- Managing the production schedule and updating as needed.
- Managing the backend administration of podcasting hosting & distribution platforms.
2) Creative Production
- Supporting the editing of audio interviews & music.
- Providing storytelling expertise.
- Providing guidance on digital audio production trends & techniques.
3) Marketing & Outreach
- Providing creative direction & generating new content ideas.
- Reviewing podcast transcripts and episodes for keywords & themes.
- Promoting relevant podcast episodes to potential external partners.
- Helping with audience growth through grassroots marketing campaigns.
- Drafting new social media & blog content.
Familiarity with the following digital tools & methods is a big plus: Slack, Box, Google Apps, Adobe Photoshop, Anchor, YouTube, SoundCloud, graphic design, digital audio editing, audiogram video production, digital marketing.