Project Code: NCUA-USA-1
|Project Title||Researcher & Strategic Financial Literacy Planning Assistant|
|Project Summary||Do you have a passion for implementing strategies that seek to improve the lives of Americans nationwide? Do you know how to conduct in-depth research and summarize your findings? We are looking for a intern to join our team at the NCUA.|
|Agency||National Credit Union Administration|
|Number of Interns||1|
If you are passionate about using your research and writing skills to inform and educate - this is the position for you. You will be part of a national outreach program that works every day to improve the financial lives of American consumers. You will focus on conducting in-depth research on credit union financial literacy and consumer financial protection topics affecting consumers and credit union member-owners nationwide. Research areas of focus related to credit unions include inclusive financial products and services, financial literacy and outreach programs, in-school (student-run) credit union branch programs, consumer financial protection matters, financial counseling, and financial literacy workshops among others.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting research on financial literacy, consumer financial protection, inclusive financial services and related issues in the credit union industry and potential impacts (economic, social, etc.) to the consumer.
- Providing critical analysis and research on specific topics related to financial literacy and member education efforts by credit unions, non-profits, municipal organizations, as well as state and federal agencies.
- Compiling regular briefers (in written and/or graphic form) of major consumer trends, fact sheets, or other research analysis on topics related to the NCUA’s financial literacy and outreach program, credit unions and consumer education programs.
|Editing and proofreading|
- Working towards a BA, certificate, or higher degree in a related field (e.g. statistical analysis, research, finance, public administration, business administration)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Please state your availability (start and end date) and the number of hours per week you can work in your application.