|Project Title||STATE.GOV Website Management|
|Project Summary||PUBLIC AFFAIRS with the Office of Website Management, working with STATE.GOV, and other related web assets, using content management systems like Drupal.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||6|
PUBLIC AFFAIRS is what our office is about. We work on STATE.GOV and other key department websites that promote American foreign policy in support of the Secretary and the President to the international community and to our neighbors here in America.
DO YOU want to have a role in promoting American Foreign Policy? Are you enthusiastic, dependable and a deep-down patriot with a sense of Internet legerdemain? Then you are exactly what we need.
HOW WE WORK
- Meetings are held online every week and will count toward your service time.
- Tasks are items that are easily performed online, many of which may require a good deal of reading and interpretation.
- Many activities will be working in a content management system like Drupal.
- Your mentor is available by phone, chat, email or online collaboration for assistance.
- Each week you will be expected to add to your minimum total hours for the semester.
Preference is given for:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, dependability and deep-down patriotism as a true world citizen.
- Have a good knowledge of world geography.
- Good oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Certain tasks may favor those with skills in communications, political science, journalism, library science, or anthropology.