Project Code: FEB-USA-10
|Project Title||Speak to the Federal Community in Oregon & SW Washington through Social Media & Strategic Marketing|
|Project Summary||Explore social media and digital marketing strategies in one of the most innovative agencies in the Federal Government at the Oregon Federal Executive Board. We are dedicated to developing the vocation of public service with inclusivity, diversity, and stewardship at the center of our work.|
|Country/Region of Focus||United States|
|Agency||Federal Executive Board|
|Number of Interns||2|
The Oregon Federal Executive Board (OFEB) is a small team covering a wide range of topics that touch our federal community across agencies and at all levels, from emergency management to training to charitable giving. We are looking for an innovative, creative intern interested in exploring new and exciting approaches to communicating with the whole of the federal workforce in Oregon & SW Washington, through social media, email, and digital marketing platforms. Our lean size and unique mission mean we have considerable leeway to explore tools and strategies, and are not constrained by the bureaucratic policies governing many large-agency programs. If you are interested in exploring what is new and exciting in the field, interested in the intersection of public service and the wider community, or enjoy exploring the process of innovation in the public space, this is the project for you!
Benefits: In this role you will have routine interaction with senior leadership across the federal community, from the FBI to the Forest Service, from our local community partners to congressional delegations. If you have an interest in the vocation of public service, and are interested in serving both your country and community, you will find tremendous satisfaction and opportunity in this role. We believe in making things happen- come up with a great idea, and we will find a way to realize it!
Key project elements include:
1. Researching Customer Relationship Managers, and exploring how different platforms might integrate with OFEB's mission and audience. Putting together a decision matrix for the Board to decide on a platform, including cost comparison, advantages, disadvantages, and gap analysis.
2. Managing OFEB social media accounts (facebook) as well as exploring, making recommendations, and implementing new social media platforms (Instagram, others).
3. Designing flyers & materials to inform and promote OFEB programs to the federal workforce and beyond
4. Localizing content to emphasize the unique aspects of Federal Service in the region- everything we do connects us to our local community, and connects that community to the wider federal mission!
5. Work with the senior leadership of all the federal agencies in the region to emphasize, promote, and connect programs of interest to the wider inter-agency and local communities
6. Assist with congressional outreach to include connecting with congressional offices and delegations as well as state & local representatives to promote and solicit involvement in federal programs in the region
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
|Survey / polling design|
Check out the full range of OFEB work at: http://www.oregonfeb.us/