Project Code: STATE-USA-BIG-4
|Project Title||Support Blacks in Government and U.S. Diplomacy|
|Project Summary||Support the Blacks in Government, Carl T. Rowan Chapter with innovative out of the box- strategic thinking. Help us improve our administrative and research functions within our organization.|
|Country/Region of Focus||United States|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
Timely reporting and dissemination of information and strategic communication can make or break an organization’s credibility. Help us develop and maintain our information flow to perspective and current members. Interested in researching and reporting trends in diversity in the public sector? Consider a virtual internship with the State Department Employee Affinity Group – Blacks in Government, Carl T. Rowen Chapter.
Virtual Program/Research Assistant
• Handle administrative duties including: contacting outside organizations when assigned
• Get involved in programmatic outreach efforts around special commemorative days and events.
• Assist in virtually coordinating those events.
• Conducting research on many topics including: conferences, specific news stories, government trends, government diversity statistics, etc.
• Attend (remotely) monthly membership and executive committee meetings and take minutes
|Editing and proofreading|
Blacks in Government Carl T. Rowan Chapter (BIGCTR) functions as a nonprofit, employee support, advocacy and resource Employee Affinity Group (EAG) at the Department of State in Washington, DC. The organization is open to all employees and contractor staff working at the Department. Our goal is to promote the well-being of all government employees on issues of Equity, Excellence, and Opportunity in the workplace through Advocacy, Education and Training.