Project Code: STATE-USA-ECA-175
|Project Title||IVLP Faces of Exchange: Content Editor|
|Project Summary||As a content editor for the Faces of Exchange initiative, you will be a key contributor to the celebration designed to highlight the lasting legacy of the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP)!|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
IVLP will be marking its 80th anniversary in December 2020 and the Office of International Visitors (OIV) is looking forward to a yearlong celebration highlighting the accomplishments and impact of the IVLP.
The OIV will identify a diverse group of 80 notable IVLP alumni (similar to the Time 100 list) who have had a multiplier effect in their home country, based on their IVLP participation, and who participated in an IVLP program that began prior to December 31, 2017. These alumni will be from all regions and varied professions and backgrounds.
An interactive webpage will serve as the main platform for these highlights, including an interactive U.S. map with the 80 alumni stories. The information on the interactive webpage will become the basis for articles, op-eds, awareness building campaigns, and more.
As a content editor, you will review and edit content on selected alumni participant(s) to determine the best way to highlight the impact IVLP had on their life. You will be required to:
• Read or watch, review, edit, and provide suggestions on content (such as infographics, videos, articles, and/or other visual materials) for the Faces of Exchange.
• Provide assistance in the anniversary social media strategy and outreach campaign.
• Determine the best ways to display finalized content.
• Review proposed communications strategies for the selected individual to effectively highlight their individual impact.
• Develop and refine visual and contextual content to engage domestic and foreign audiences, especially youth.
• Propose content for production of a video that will be featured at the January 2020 National Meeting.
• Monitor multiple platforms for trending topics and cross-pollination of platforms.
• Scan relevant accounts for information relevant to the IVLP anniversary and its impact.
Specific knowledge or skills required:
• Strong writing skills
• Experience with a variety of social media platforms and applications, especially Facebook and Twitter
• Some design and videography skills (Adobe Suite or online design applications) preferred
• An interest in international exchanges
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
This internship is in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) brings current and emerging leaders from around the world to the United States for intensive three-week exchanges. Each year, approximately 5,000 participants on over 600 projects focus on thematic topics including U.S. foreign policy, renewable energy, conflict resolution, investigative journalism, volunteerism, rule of law, and more.
Join us in the “IVLP 80 Faces of Exchange” and together we will make 2020 an unforgettable IVLP anniversary year!