Project Code: STATE-USA-WHA-169
|Project Title||U.S. Embassy in Panama-Social Media Assistant|
|Project Summary||Manage Community Liaison Social Media and Moderator the CLO Facebook page. Create/update content on CLO Blog. Country: Panama|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
• Over the course of the academic year the intern will be responsible for creating and maintaining a BLOG that is password protected. The blog will highlight upcoming Embassy events and the site would be a central repository for the community to find useful information.
• The intern will also create an online welcome packet from readily available information provided by the supervisor. The supervisor will email all documents as attachments for the intern to create a final product that is informative and user friendly.
• The intern will also manage the “Embassy’s Social Sponsor” packet documentation.
• The intern will draft four one-page articles for inclusion in the Embassy newsletter over the course of the academic year. Selected topics will be determined by the intern and approved/reviewed by the supervisor.
• The intern will instruct at least one virtual classes focused on social media (ie. Linked-In) for the Embassy community.
• The intern will create a “Pin Drop Map” of local attractions for new arrivals to use getting around the Panama City area.
• The intern will create a five minute video highlighting areas of interest in/around the Embassy Campus providing new comers with a better understanding of what to expect before arriving in Panama. Topics to be included in the video: international schools, recreational parks, beaches, restaurants, and other area attractions.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
Spanish helpful but not required.