Project Code: FEB-USA-7
|Project Title||Support and Enhance Southern California American Military Veterans Outreach|
|Project Summary||Work through the Greater Los Angeles Federal Executive Board (FEB) to improve our American Military Veterans’ experience as they transition to civilian employment, while adhering the FEB’s Vision of being a catalyst for better government.|
|Agency||Federal Executive Board|
|Number of Interns||1|
The Mission of the Federal Executive Board is to increase the effectiveness of Federal Government by strengthening coordination of government activities. With approximately 275 Federal Agencies over six California counties, the Greater Los Angeles Federal Executive Board builds interagency partnerships and community involvement to create and nurture relationships that address issues of a shared interest. This project focuses on one of those shared interests: to support and assist our American Military Veterans’ experience, as they transition to civilian employment.
Under the leadership of the GLAFEB Executive Director, you will use the FEB’s communication platforms to support and enhance the Veteran’s outreach, and to increase the collaboration among the Federal agencies in that regard.
Key project elements include:
1. Periodically communicates with Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Labor (DOL) to identify employment programs and resources that are available to Federal agencies and Veterans.
2. Communicates with Federal agencies to:
a. inform on the employment programs and resources that are available from VA and DOL
b. solicit feedback on VA and DOL employment programs
c. gather information on best practices regarding Veterans transition to civilian workplace
3. Managing GLAFEB website, social media account (Facebook) as well as exploring, making recommendations, and implementing new social media platforms (Instagram, others).
4. Designing flyers & materials to inform and promote GLAFEB programs to the federal workforce and beyond
5. Work with the GLAFEB Executive Director to facilitate information and idea sharing across Federal agencies, regarding Veterans transition to the Federal workplace.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
|Survey / polling design|
For more information on the Greater Los Angeles Federal Executive Board, please visit: https://www.losangeles.feb.gov/