Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-41
|Project Title||Assist Diplomat in Residence in Recruiting the Next Generation of American Diplomats|
|Project Summary||Assist and support the Diplomat in Residence for the Southeast Region of the USA in his efforts to recruit the next generation of American diplomats and to attract top talent to State Department internship and fellowship opportunities.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
The DIR for Southeast is based out of Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, but does outreach throughout the area. Duties may include:
• Create PowerPoint presentations for Foreign Services Specialty vacancy announcements, based on the duties and hiring processes listed on careers.state.gov and questions to Washington;
• Improve visuals on existing PowerPoints;
• Research university-level affinity groups at university and professional organizations in the region that we have not had contact with; find POCs and events the DIR might reach out to or attend;
• Create flyers for events for which hosting institution does not do so;
• Create and maintain a list of former interns at intern's university; reach out to them via social media
• Attend nearby career fairs with DIR if available.
• Create Google map attachments for common trips taken by the DIR;
* Contact military bases to arrange recruiting activities targeting military personnel transitioning to civilian careers.
• Identify and reserve public spaces in different cities for open to the public events
|Editing and proofreading|