Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-12
|Project Title||Diplomacy in the U.S. North Central Region|
|Project Summary||Bring Diplomacy to the U.S. North Central Region (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky). Assist the Diplomat in Residence for the U.S. North Central Region in arranging and conducting public outreach to explain U.S. diplomacy and recruit new professionals and interns.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
Assist the Diplomat in Residence in the North Central Region (MI, OH, IN, KY), based at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, to inform audiences about the work of our nation's diplomats and to recruit professionals to conduct and support diplomacy at home and abroad. Duties will include:
• Develop social media content of regional interest
• Engage with key influencers to promote understanding of State Department programs.
• Collaborate with the DIR to develop a plan of engagement for the region.
• Assist with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participate in and observe events; support events by assisting with registration, taking photos, noting questions, etc.
• Research new and update existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conduct data analysis and track metrics to measure outcomes.
For students studying in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky who have been at their institutions for a minimum of one year, preferably two.
Interested candidates can learn more about the DIR for Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana, and Kentucky by visiting https://careers.state.gov/connect/dir and more about the U.S. Department of State student and career programs by visiting https://careers.state.gov/ and https://www.state.gov. Also, please check out our recruitment blog at https://vsfstalent.wordpress.com/blog/ to read eIntern testimonials.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
VSFS interns will be based at the home institutions and work remotely with the DIR North Central, but will have opportunities for in-person engagement during DIR travel to their institution and/or if the selectees are at institutions in proximity to Ann Arbor.