Project Code: STATE-USA-ECA-16
|Project Title||IVLP Faces of Exchange: Content Design/Editor|
|Project Summary||The International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) will be marking its 80th anniversary in December 2020 and the Office of International Visitors (OIV) is looking finalizing a yearlong celebration designed to highlight the accomplishments and lasting legacy of the IVLP.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||10|
As a content creator/editor for the Faces of Exchange initiative, you will be a key component of the celebration. The OIV has identified a diverse group of 80 notable IVLP alumni (similar to the Time 100 list) who have had a multiplier effect in their home country, based on their IVLP participation, and who participated in an IVLP program that began prior to December 31, 2017. These alumni are from all regions and varied professions and backgrounds. Some have already been highlighted on eca.state.gov/facesofexchange, an interactive webpage that serves as the main platform for these stories. The information on the interactive webpage will become the basis for articles, op-eds, awareness building campaigns, and more.
As a content creator, you will connect with selected alumni participant(s) and determine the best way to highlight the impact IVLP had on their life.
|Editing and proofreading|
As a content creator/editor, you will connect with selected alumni participant(s) and determine the best way to highlight the impact IVLP had on their life. You will be required to:
• Communicate with influential leaders around the world.
• Provide assistance in the anniversary social media strategy and outreach campaign for the Faces of Exchange.
• Develop interview questions designed to creatively highlight the IVLP impact
• Propose a communications strategy for the selected individual to effectively highlight their individual impact.
• Develop and refine visual and contextual content to engage domestic and foreign audiences, especially youth.
• Draft social media content, such as designing infographics, developing videos, writing articles, and/or other visual materials, and monitor an online network of hundreds of program stakeholders (including, but not limited to, U.S. embassies abroad and local community-based organizations across the United States).
• Monitor multiple platforms for trending topics and cross-pollination of platforms.
• Scan relevant accounts for information relevant to the IVLP anniversary and its impact.
Specific knowledge or skills required:
• Strong writing skills
• Experience with a variety of social media platforms and applications, especially Facebook and Twitter
• Some design and videography skills (Adobe Suite or online design applications) preferred
• An interest in international exchanges
This internship is in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) brings current and emerging leaders from around the world to the United States for intensive three-week exchanges. Each year, approximately 5,000 participants on over 600 projects focus on thematic topics including U.S. foreign policy, renewable energy, conflict resolution, investigative journalism, volunteerism, rule of law, and more.
Join us in the “IVLP 80 Faces of Exchange” and together we will make 2020 an unforgettable IVLP anniversary year!