|Project Title||Diplomacy in New England - Support State Department Recruitment in the Northeast|
|Project Summary||Bring Diplomacy to New England! Assist the Diplomat in Residence for New England in arranging and conducting public outreach to recruit diverse candidates for the State Department's student internships, Civil Service and Foreign Service careers, and the Consular Fellows Program.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||3|
Curious to learn about international careers while you study in New England? Interested in learning how the State Department recruits for its internship program, Foreign Service positions, and Consular Fellows? Want to build skills in human resources and talent acquisition in a unique sector? Comfortable with social media, basic graphic design, and simple databases? Apply for the opportunity to collaborate with DIR New England to do this and more.
Duties may include:
- Conduct data analysis and collaborate with the DIR to develop a plan of engagement for the region.
- Develop social media content localized for New England to promote employment opportunities and DIR events.
- Research and identify key influencers at educational institutions, nongovernmental organizations, and other partner organizations to promote our recruitment and outreach efforts.
- Design promotional materials, presentations, and handouts, and assist with scheduling, arranging, and advertising DIR events and programs.
- Maintain and update contact lists for recruiting partners, including career services/faculty/staff influencers on university campuses, professional organizations, and military bases in the region.
- As practical, observe events, and assist with registration, taking photos, and posting on social media at events.
Students based in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont may apply; preference will be given to those with at least 2 years at their institution. While this opportunity is open to all majors, those pursuing coursework or with experience in digital communications, marketing, and/or human resources are particularly encouraged to apply.
Check out https://careers.state.gov to learn more about State Department opportunities.
Check out https://careers.state.gov/connect/dir/ and https://www.facebook.com/DIRNewEngland to learn more about the Diplomat in Residence program and the Diplomat in Residence for New England.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
You will be part of a dynamic team of recruiters and interns working across the country working to attract, identify, and encourage young people and career professionals to become the next generation of American diplomats and will gain first-hand knowledge about how the U.S. Department of State recruits candidates for the U.S. Foreign Service, Civil Service, internships, and the Consular Fellows Program.
While unpaid, course or independent study college or university credit may be arranged per individual school policies.