|Project Title||Diplomacy in Texas|
|Project Summary||Bring Diplomacy to Texas. Assist the Diplomat in Residence for Texas in arranging and conducting public outreach to explain U.S. diplomacy and recruit new professionals and interns.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
Assist the Diplomat in Residence to inform audiences about the work of our nation's diplomats and to recruit professionals to conduct and support diplomacy at home and abroad. Duties will include:
• Develop social media content of regional interest
• Engage with key influencers to promote understanding of State Department programs.
• Collaborate with the DIR to develop a plan of engagement for the region.
• Assist with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participate in and observe events; support events by assisting with registration, taking photos, noting questions, etc.
• Research new and update existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conduct data analysis and track metrics to measure outcomes.
Preference will be given to students studying in Texas who have been at their institutions for a minimum of one year, preferably two. (El Paso area students should apply for the DIR Southwest program.)
|Editing and proofreading|
You'll be part of a team of State Department recruiters and interns across the country working to attract and identify the next generation of professionals for conducting and supporting U.S. diplomacy. You will have an opportunity to contribute to planning for how the State Department will meet its workforce needs in the future and you will work to implement recruitment activities.