Project Code: DOL-USA-2
|Project Title||Youth Workforce Development Technical Assistance|
|Project Summary||Assist with researching, creating, and delivering technical assistance tools and resources to workforce professionals on emerging issues related to vulnerable youth (ages 14-24) and employment, training, and education.|
|Agency||Department of Labor|
|Number of Interns||2|
Interested in learning about workforce development and how youth with meaningful training and employment experiences contribute to a stable workforce and economic prosperity? Want to share best practices and effective tools with practitioners working in the youth field and assist them with service delivery and youth engagement. Then this is your project.
The Office of Workforce Investment, within the Employment and Training Administration at the United States Department of Labor, implements an integrated national workforce investment system that supports economic growth and provides workers with the information, advice, job search assistance, supportive services, and training for in-demand industries and occupations needed to get and keep good jobs.
For the 2020-2021 semesters, we are looking for 2 virtual intern(s) who can creatively build upon previous technical assistance and develop new methods designed to share promising practices, evidence, lessons learned, and effective tools to practitioners on what works at improving workforce outcomes for youth.
• Research: Use data and find best practices involving youth workforce practices in the United States, including a focus on virtual learning applications. Learn about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (2014) and its youth program elements in order to shape technical assistance.
• Creative thinking & engagement: Help brainstorm ways to be more effective at conducting technical assistance to our stakeholders. Assist with measuring web traffic and social media analytics to help develop an optimal technical assistance posting schedule based on web traffic and engagement metrics. Suggest innovative ways to increase page membership, likes, and overall engagement.
• Communications & presentation: Assist with drafting relevant technical assistance content and presenting content to various audiences.
• Graphic design: Create engaging graphics, on an as-needed basis, related to an ongoing technical assistance that highlights youth workforce related topics.
• Outreach: Research local community resources and organizations to build upon an existing contact database.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Social media management|
US Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration, Division of Youth Services, https://www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/youth
Youth Connections Community of Practice: https://youth.workforcegps.org/