Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-80
|Project Title||Support Diplomacy and the Foreign Service in the Midwest|
|Project Summary||Help our Diplomat in Residence for the Midwest recruit the next generation of American diplomats to join the Foreign Service and the U.S. Department of State.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||3|
Assist our Chicago-based Diplomat in Residence as he tells Midwestern audiences about the work of the Foreign Service and recruits professionals to conduct and support U.S. diplomacy around the world. Your duties may include:
• Working with the Diplomat in Residence to develop a recruiting plan for all or part of the Midwest region, which covers Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin
• Identifying and contacting potential recruiting partners and influencers, including professional organizations, affinity groups, and university career centers
• Assisting with scheduling and advertising of the Diplomat in Resident's travel and events
• Supporting and participating in recruiting events at or near your campus by managing logistics, registering attendees, and taking photos
• Serving as the Diplomat in Resident's principal point of contact for students and faculty on your campus
• Developing social media content of regional interest
• Analyzing data and metrics to measure outcomes
Ideal candidates will be located in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, or Wisconsin.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
Visit https://vsfstalent.wordpress.com/blog/ to read about previous virtual interns' experiences working with the Diplomat in Residence Program.
For more information about the Department of State, the Foreign Service, and the Diplomat in Residence program, see https://careers.state.gov/.