Project Code: STATE-USA-ECA-25
|Project Title||Making a difference through exchanges|
|Project Summary||Gain valuable experience with the Department of State's premier exchange program by working on a virtual internship in the front office. The internship is designed to build on the work of previous interns to highlight the long-term impact of the International Visitor Leadership Program.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
As a front office intern, you will work with other interns to finalize the 80 FacesOfExchange digital campaign and be a key contact for two events designed to build key connections between professional exchanges and students studying international relations. You will work to creatively highlight the impact of IVLP. You will be required to:
• Work closely with front office staff to build the social media tool kit for the remaining 80 Faces of Exchange.
• Provide assistance in the anniversary social media strategy and outreach campaign for the Faces of Exchange.
• Propose a communications strategy for two virtual events.
• Draft social media content, such as designing infographics, videos, blog posts and other materials to highlight the impact of the IVLP.
• Scan relevant accounts for information relevant to the IVLP anniversary and its impact.
Specific knowledge or skills required:
• Strong writing skills
• Experience with a variety of social media platforms and applications, especially Facebook and Twitter
• Some design and videography skills (Adobe Suite or online design applications) preferred
• An interest in international exchanges
|Editing and proofreading|
This internship is in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) brings current and emerging leaders from around the world to the United States for intensive three-week exchanges. Each year, approximately 5,000 participants on over 600 projects focus on thematic topics including U.S. foreign policy, renewable energy, conflict resolution, investigative journalism, volunteerism, rule of law, and more. This position will create content to amplify the impact of the IVLP around the world.