Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-21
|Project Title||Engaging the Next Generation of America’s Diplomacy in the Pacific Northwest|
|Project Summary||Assist the U.S. Department of State’s Diplomat in Residence for the Northwest region in conducting public outreach to increase awareness of the U.S. Department of State’s student and career opportunities that exist in support of U.S. diplomacy.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||2|
Assist the Diplomatic in Residence (DIR) in identifying and strategizing on outreach to student and professional groups to promote career opportunities with the U.S. Department of State and to educate audiences on what a career with the U.S. Department of State entails. Duties will include:
• Identifying potential recruiting opportunities and audiences based on guidance from the DIR.
• Assisting with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participating in and observing events by assisting with registration, taking photos, noting questions, etc.
• Researching new and updating existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conducting data analysis and tracking metrics to measure outcomes.
• Developing social media content to highlight the activities and achievements of interns, fellows, and career employees of the U.S. Department of State.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to students studying in Northern California, Oregon, Washington, or Alaska, and who have been at their institutions for a minimum of one year, preferably two.
|Editing and proofreading|
You'll be part of a team of State Department recruiters and interns across the country working to attract and identify the next generation of professionals for conducting and supporting U.S. diplomacy. You will have an opportunity to contribute to planning for how the State Department will meet its workforce needs in the future and you will work to implement recruitment activities. Visit https://vsfstalent.wordpress.com/blog/ to read about previous virtual interns' experiences working with the Diplomat in Residence Program.