Project Code: USAID-USA-1
|Project Title||Are you interested in Hispanic Outreach at USAID?|
|Project Summary||Exciting opportunity to work with HECFAA! We are seeking energetic and driven interns to expand our Outreach and Marketing strategies on behalf of USAID, targeting the Latinx community to attract Hispanic Americans to Development work.|
|Agency||Agency for International Development|
|Number of Interns||2|
The Hispanic Employees Council of Foreign Affairs Agencies (HECFAA) is an Employee Resource Group that serves as an advocacy and advisory council for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) on Diversity and Inclusion matters. HECFAA is seeking energetic and driven interns to expand our Outreach and Marketing strategies. In this role, the incumbent will help to conceive, design and implement marketing and outreach strategies on behalf of USAID, targeting the Latinx community to attract Hispanic Americans to Development work. Examples of strategies will include the development of a social media campaign for select social media platform(s), website content, innovative and creative marketing tools, internal and external promotion of HECFAA events, webinars, membership meetings, and much more.
The incumbent will:
● Develop and implement a marketing strategy for USAID HECFAA events and community outreach efforts
● Design and maintain marketing tools (e.g., promotional flyers and newsletters)
● Design, implement, and write content for websites (internal and external)
● Design and manage social media accounts
● Establish community outreach plans/objectives
● Coordinate networking events
● Assisting in translating marketing materials from English to Spanish
Benefits for the Intern:
● Flexible work schedule;
● Substantial and quality work experience;
● Mentoring and networking opportunities;
● Learn about the work done by USAID;
● If interested in joining USAID as a Foreign Service Officer or Civil Servant, this opportunity will allow you to engage with USAID professionals and conduct informational interviews.
Founded in 1982, the Hispanic Employee Council of Foreign Affairs Agencies (HECFAA) is one of the Employee Resource Groups within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). We advocate for the contribution of the Hispanic population in the Mission of the Agency. We are interested in increasing the number of Hispanics interested in Development and working at USAID, who are willing to serve their country as U.S Foreign Service Officers, Civil Servants, or Contractors. Outreach efforts support the Hispanic Employee Council of Foreign Affairs Agencies (HECFAA).
|Social media management|
The ideal team member would be willing to broaden/learn skills on marketing, web design concept and content, virtual conferencing/meetings, and community outreach. The individual is motivated, innovative, self-starter, and flexible.