Project Code: STATE-USA-HR-29
|Project Title||Diplomacy in Southern California, Hawaii, and Nevada|
|Project Summary||Bring Diplomacy to Southern California, Hawaii, and Nevada. Assist the Diplomat in Residence for Southern California in arranging and conducting public outreach to explain U.S. diplomacy and recruit new professionals and interns.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||4|
Assist the Diplomat in Residence to inform audiences about the work of our nation's diplomats and to recruit professionals to conduct and support diplomacy at home and abroad. Duties will include:
• Develop social media content of regional interest
• Editing videos for social media.
• Creating posts and images for social media.
• Engage with key influencers to promote understanding of State Department programs.
• Collaborate with the DIR to develop a plan of engagement for the region.
• Assist with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participate in and observe events; support events by assisting with registration, taking photos, noting questions, etc.
• Research new and update existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conduct data analysis and track metrics to measure outcomes.
Preference will be given to students studying in Southern California, Hawaii, and Nevada who have been at their institutions for a minimum of one year, preferably two.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
You'll be part of a team of State Department recruiters and interns across the country working to attract and identify the next generation of professionals for conducting and supporting U.S. diplomacy. You will have an opportunity to contribute to planning for how the State Department will meet its workforce needs in the future and you will work to implement recruitment activities. The mentor is based in southern California. This would also be a great opportunity for students in that region who would like to add face-time mentoring with a diplomat. For those outside of southern California, mentoring will primarily take place through videoconferences. For more info, check out: https://vsfstalent.wordpress.com/blog/.