Project Code: VA-USA-65
|Project Title||Coordinating Producer - Borne the Battle podcast|
|Project Summary||VA’s “Borne the Battle” podcast is seeking a passionate coordinating producer who can support podcast show concepts and enhance the current program line-up and continuity.|
|Agency||Veterans Affairs Department|
|Number of Interns||4|
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and schedule guests for “Borne the Battle” Podcast
- Conduct research on potential guests and obtain research materials necessary for production.
- Finds creative strategic messaging concepts and content to reach the largest possible number of viewers and to increase market penetration, ratings, and viewership.
- Contributes to determining or determines the content and focus of the podcast including the stories comprising each episode; ensures that important emerging stories and breaking news are identified and followed-up on.
- Assists the podcast producer by using an understanding of the veteran community and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts, and content of each episode.
- Assist the development of all of the creative concepts for each episode.
- Assist Social Media Production Assistants when needed with the design and implementation of innovative graphics for “Borne the Battle” podcast.
- Schedules and coordinates newsletter, social media, and blog write-ups of podcast episodes.
- Directly and through key subordinates, sets and ensures compliance with the highest levels of professionalism in all aspects of assigned episodes.
- Operates within the context of defined podcast show concepts, objectives, and outcomes.
Skills and Experience Preferred:
Seeking an applicant with marketing, business management, journalism, communications, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Introductory experience with online journalism, including writing, editing preferred. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Calendar or online scheduling apps is preferred.
VA’s “Borne the Battle” podcast is the VA’s official podcast. In 2016, DME’s launched a weekly podcast to highlight Veteran engagement, VA stories, and information on benefits and services available to Veterans. Borne the Battle has five tenants:
- Bridge the gap between military Veterans and civilians
- Educate VA employees on their customer base
- Promote Veteran advocacy initiatives thru the voice of the Veteran
- Inspire and educate transitioning Veterans with positive stories
- Inform Veteran listeners about new information from VA as it is released
The Department of Veterans Affairs' Digital Media Engagement Team internship is one of the largest and most established internship programs available through the Virtual Student Federal Service. This past year, our internship has hosted over 300 interns in various departments and leadership positions. If you want to join a team that is well structured and will offer meaningful work that will help you build skills that you can add to your resume, then we strongly encourage you to apply to our team.
|Editing and proofreading|
For more information please visit https://dmeinterns.org/
For more information on Borne the Battle visit: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/borne-the-battle-podcast/