Project Code: STATE-USA-M-4
|Project Title||Air Quality Fellowship Coordinator|
|Project Summary||Connect US air quality expertise to the globe through serving as the coordinator for the Department of State's Air Quality Fellowship, which connects 30 air quality experts to nearly 50 US embassies and consulates overseas.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
This position will coordinate the fast-growing Air Quality Fellowship program, a virtual program whereby U.S. air quality experts volunteer 10-20 hours per month to assist posts. The program has been used as a model for other programs. The program is in its fourth year; in 2020 the program matched 30 fellows with 50 posts this year. You will get to:
• Write content and conduct data analysis for public and internal use, including cables, media notes, and social media.
• Design and implement monthly community building events, webinars, and messaging for current and alumni fellows and participating posts.
• Advise posts and regional bureaus on how to utilize fellows optimally.
• Maintain central repository of materials, guidance, and analysis done by fellows, as well as resources for them to utilize in their work.
• For the next class of fellows in Winter 2021, manage the application creation, dissemination, and matching process for approved fellows with posts, taking into consideration fellows’ expertise and post needs.
• Serve as main point of contact for posts and fellows, and as a liaison for the program with other agencies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Survey / polling design|