Project Code: STATE-USA-ECA-18
|Project Title||You Are Welcome Here! Supporting U.S. Higher Education International Engagement|
|Project Summary||Work with EducationUSA in ECA to promote U.S. higher education to students around the world and provide services to U.S. higher education. Research involvement of U.S. colleges and universities with the EducationUSA network and report on national trends pertaining to international student mobility.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
1. Identify and track U.S. higher education institutions that are not part of the EducationUSA network (with a focus on underrepresented regions, MSIs, rural institutions, community colleges and others), that would 1) benefit from support from EducationUSA and/or 2) have the potential to assist other institutions to benefit from EducationUSA support.
2. Aid in the establishment of a knowledge management system (database) to track higher education institution contacts pertaining to international recruitment and campus internationalization.
3. Assist in the development and distribution of surveys to targeted U.S. colleges and universities to identify areas of need in international student recruitment as well as campus integration and internationalization.
4. Research and document trends in U.S. higher education pertaining to international student admissions and retention.
5. Help coordinate EducationUSA events that engage the U.S. higher education community.
|Editing and proofreading|
5-10 hours/week. Primarily you will be working to support the higher education engagement team in their new domestic outreach efforts to U.S. higher education institutions and international associations.