Project Code: NPS-USA-1
|Project Title||Making Safety Cool in the National Park Service is No Accident|
|Project Summary||Work with the National Park Service's Office of Risk Management in making safety communications visually fun and engaging for over 22,000+ employees and 300+million visitors to national parks!|
|Agency||National Park Service|
|Number of Interns||1|
The National Park Service (NPS) Office of Risk Management (ORM) is seeking a creative and innovative graphic designer to help us re-envision how we communicate about safety, health, and wellness, and to develop fun and engaging visual communications. Your work will reach over 22,000 employees and 300+ million visitors at 419 national park units. Help us make a difference by bringing your unique experience, background, and perspective to our work!
The NPS ORM Graphics Design Intern will create safety communication products, such as info-graphics, posters, web content for the NPS Health & Safety Subject Site (www.nps.gov/healthandsafety), and social media messages to support educational efforts for NPS’ diverse visitors and workforce. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a student seeking hands-on, national-level experience in design, communications, partnerships, and safety education!
The NPS ORM Graphics Design Intern will have the opportunity to:
• Apply their creative and artistic expertise to different mediums in the field of safety
• Work with a multidisciplinary team of professionals including engineers, public health professionals, and safety experts at the NPS Washington Office
• Engage with a multitude of stakeholders to identify content needs, determine the best medium to meet those needs, and develop the content
• Create products that are accessible to everyone by implementing Section 508 compliance (https://section508.gov/) for web-based and other digital graphics to ensure that all digital information and communications are available for people with disabilities
• Use your storytelling skills to assist us with developing social media messages and supporting graphics for visitor safety content for NPS Facebook and Instagram feeds
The intern will require personal access to the Adobe Creative Cloud products such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Foreign language experience is not a requirement. However, experience with Spanish would assist our program with developing bilingual content.
|Social media management|
For more information about the National Park Service, visit www.nps.gov
To learn more about visitor safety and risk communications in the National Park Service, visit www.nps.gov/healthandsafety