Project Code: USAID-USA-32
|Project Title||Creative Communications and Content Creator for Children in Adversity|
|Project Summary||Help us tell our story by creating communications materials for USAID's Children in Adversity Team. The team seeks an intern to work with the communications manager to develop and implement a range of social media and communications products.|
|Agency||Agency for International Development|
|Number of Interns||1|
USAID’s Children in Adversity team (CECA) is seeking an intern to conduct a range of tasks, working with CECA communications manager, CECA program manager, and other members of the CECA team as necessary. Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Twitter: Develop a twitter log of tweets for upcoming events and commemorations related to the U.S. Government’s Advancing Protection and Care for Children in Adversity strategy . To do so, the Intern would develop draft tweets based on content from related publications, primarily other USG partners; review and clear tweets with the U.S. Government Special Advisor on Children in Adversity, then schedule tweets with Hootsuite for the Children in Adversity handle. The Intern will also coordinate with USAIDe Communications Leads to cross post tweets to other USAID handles as applicable; and monitor other USG Partner twitter feeds to retweet content as necessary.
- Photo repository: 1) Expand the CECA team’s library of “family” photos by doing photo searches on sites with photos that are available for public use, and 2) research photographers/photo sites to purchase the rights to use their photos.
- One-pagers: Work with the communications manager and technical team to produce one-pagers on CECA-related topics. Topics may also include those that are relevant to members of the APCCA Interagency Group.
- Web content: Assist the communications manager in developing and finalizing content for the Children Adversity website.
- Blog posts: Work with the communications manager to plan and develop blog content in support of CECA-related events and announcements.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Social media management|
USAID’s Center on Children in Adversity, within the current Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA), coordinates the whole-of-Government response to Public Law 109-95, The Assistance for Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children in Developing Countries Act of 2005, and houses the U.S. Government Special Advisor on Children in Adversity. The Special Advisor leads U.S. Government Interagency Partners in their implementation of the Advancing Protection and Care for Children in Adversity Strategy. The Center also oversees the Displaced Children and Orphans Fund (DCOF), which finances programming for vulnerable children worldwide and works actively to identify opportunities for collaboration across sectors.