Project Code: STATE-USA-DS-33
|Project Title||From the Archives: A Look Back at DSS History|
|Project Summary||The Office of Public Affairs for the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) is putting together several short videos and documentaries to tell the DSS story via film. Content spans multiple decades and eras, providing rich content for creative individuals.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
The eIntern will commit up to 10 hours a week to help write scripts, storyboards, and assist with script continuity for several video projects. Assignments include:
- Reviewing archived video footage to find “themes” that will help DSS tell its story;
- Assisting with gathering materials (video footage, interviews, photos, etc) for videos;
- Helping write scripts, storyboards, and shot lists for video projects, in concert with the production manager and director of photography;
- Helping with video editing, as needed/requested, to ensure film continuity; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
|Editing and proofreading|
Addendum to Skills section: needed skills focus around film production, screenwriting, creative writing, story boarding, photography. Must be detailed oriented with a high-proficiency in English.
Additional Requirements: The eIntern is required to create a free Box.com account for file sharing purposes.
About Us: The Diplomatic Security Service is the law enforcement and security arm of the U.S. Department of State. We provide a safe environment for the conduct of American diplomacy and ensure the integrity of U.S. travel documents. We have the largest global reach of any U.S. federal law enforcement agency, with offices in 29 U.S. cities and in more than 270 locations around the world.
Learn more about the exciting world of DSS at https://www.state.gov/bureaus-offices/under-secretary-for-management/bureau-of-diplomatic-security/.