Project Code: STATE-USA-DS-39
|Project Title||Building our Hometown Diplomats Cadre|
|Project Summary||The Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) is seeking to integrate fully into the Department of State’s “Hometown Diplomats” program, which provides opportunities for Foreign/Civil service employees to travel back to their hometowns to share their career experience.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
The eIntern will commit up to 10 hours a week to help build DSS’ participation in the Department of State’s Hometown Diplomat program. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with developing a communications plan for the program, which will include working with DSS directorates and offices to find Hometown Diplomat participants that demonstrate the wide range of skillsets and experiences within the organization;
- Coordinating outreach and engagement opportunities with the main point of contact at the Department;
- Helping develop talking points, presentations, and other materials the Hometown Diplomat may need;
- Setting up interviews, as appropriate, with local news outlets (print, TV, radio, online), as well as tracking and reporting out on media interviews;
- Developing a standard operating procedure for the project for future Hometown Diplomat project leads to follow;
- Other duties as assigned.
|Editing and proofreading|
Addendum to Skills section: Communications/Strategic Communications; Public Relations; Public Speaking; Community Outreach; Marketing. Must be detailed oriented with a high-proficiency in English.
Additional Requirements: The eIntern is required to create a free Box.com account for file sharing purposes.
About Us: The Diplomatic Security Service is the law enforcement and security arm of the U.S. Department of State. We provide a safe environment for the conduct of American diplomacy and ensure the integrity of U.S. travel documents. We have the largest global reach of any U.S. federal law enforcement agency, with offices in 29 U.S. cities and in more than 270 locations around the world.
Learn more about the exciting world of DSS at https://www.state.gov/bureaus-offices/under-secretary-for-management/bureau-of-diplomatic-security/.