Project Code: L-STATE-UKR-3
|Project Title||Ukraine – Public Diplomacy Evaluation and Design Expert|
|Project Summary||Have you ever wondered how cultural programs and exchanges influence foreign audience? Do you enjoy using data to tell stories of change? The Embassy Kyiv Public Affairs Section is looking for a virtual intern to help us measure the outcomes of our public diplomacy activities.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
Strategic planning is essential to the success of public diplomacy activities. You will support the Embassy Kyiv Public Affairs Section in navigating the final two stages of this process: designing action plans and evaluating impact.
With direction from the Cultural Affairs and Assistance Grants Units, you will:
• Understand the U.S. Mission to Ukraine’s strategic priorities, including countering Russian and Chinese malign influence, promoting innovation and entrepreneurship, and supporting Ukraine’s Euro-Atlantic trajectory.
• Assistant with the design of public diplomacy activities to achieve these objectives
• Brainstorm innovative ways to measure whether our programs are contributing to their intended outcomes, including through qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
• Compose brief reports based on your research and analysis with recommendations for further action.
Through this e-internship, you will:
• Learn about the U.S. Foreign Service, particularly the public diplomacy career track.
• Obtain valuable strategic planning, project management and design, and communications experience.
• Refine your research and analytical skills.
• Become familiar with the U.S. government grant issuance process.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Survey / polling design|
Some knowledge of Ukrainian history and culture would be helpful but is not required. Ukrainian- or Russian-language skills would be helpful but are not required.