Project Code: L-STATE-USA-HR-2
|Project Title||Identifying the Next Generation of America’s Diplomats in the DC Metro Region|
|Project Summary||Assist the U.S. Department of State’s Diplomat in Residence for the DC Metro region in conducting public outreach to increase awareness of the U.S. Department of State’s student and career opportunities.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||5|
Assist the Diplomatic in Residence (DIR) in identifying and planning outreach to student and professional groups to promote career opportunities with the U.S. Department of State and to educate audiences on what a career with the U.S. Department of State entails.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Survey / polling design|
Duties will include:
• Identifying potential recruiting opportunities and audiences based on guidance from the DIR.
• Assisting with scheduling, arrangement, and advertising of events/programs.
• As available, participating in and observing events by assisting with registration, taking photos, noting questions, etc.
• Researching new and updating existing contact information for recruiting partners.
• Conducting data analysis and tracking metrics to measure outcomes.
• Developing social media content to highlight the activities and achievements of interns, fellows, and career employees of the U.S. Department of State.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to students of Minority Serving Intuitions in the DIR’s region including HBCUs, HIS, Tribal Colleges, etc., in Northern Virginia*, West Virginia, Washington, DC, Delaware, and Maryland. (*Note: Northern Virginia includes the national capital region of Arlington County, Clarke County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, and Warren County)