Project Code: L-USAID-USA-64
|Project Title||Gain practical analytical skills and storytelling experience while promoting workplace flexibilities|
|Project Summary||Work with USAID’s employee resource group, Balancing Act, to promote employee-friendly policies to better recruit, retain and motivate staff. We are seeking an energetic and driven intern to expand our outreach to attract new members, gather and analyze data to identify emerging trends.|
|Agency||Agency for International Development|
|Number of Interns||1|
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) leads the U.S. Government’s international development and humanitarian efforts to save lives, reduce poverty, strengthen democratic governance and help people progress beyond assistance towards resilience. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USAID has a 9,000 person global workforce.
Balancing Act (BA) is an Employee Resource Group at USAID. BA seeks to represent the interests of all employees in a formalized manner by providing a venue for discussing work-life issues and advocating for more employee-friendly policies to better attract, retain, and motivate a diverse talent pool and help staff maintain a healthy work-life balance. BA strives to raise awareness about workplace realities and advocates for more flexible policies pertaining to: telework, alternative work schedules, job-sharing, reduced schedules, part-time positions, parental leave, eligible family members, Leave Without Pay (LWOP) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Issues.
This position will report to the Balancing Act Board Co-Chairs, Communications Chair, and the other board members. The board also works closely with USAID’s Office of Civil Rights and Diversity and other Employee Resource Group’s.
The VSFS Intern will support the Balancing Act board of directors with communications, engagement and administrative tasks. This may include:
* Conduct research including designing surveys and analyzing survey data
* Compile data (survey results) and format into a user-friendly format using Excel or Tableau
* Establish a community outreach plan
* Create content and produce a monthly e-newsletter
* Develop and design promotional materials and marketing tools
* Support outreach to Agency leadership and liaise with other ERGs, specifically the Department of State’s Balancing Act, on workforce flexibilities planning
* Assist in organizing virtual events (e.g. listening sessions, webinars, meetings, etc.)
* Other administrative tasks may include taking meeting minutes, writing and/or copy editing
Benefits for the Intern:
* Very flexible work schedule;
* Specific, meaningful, and quality work experience;
* Mentoring and networking opportunities;
* Learn about the work done by USAID;
If interested in working at USAID, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate and network with USAID professionals.
|Editing and proofreading|
|Survey / polling design|
We welcome any academic discipline! Interns from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply, especially those in a field of study related to social work, human resource management, behavioral economics, social behavior change, mental health and psychosocial support, and professional development.