Project Code: L-STATE-USA-DS-40
|Project Title||Support Diversity in Diplomatic Security Service (DSS), the law enforcement and security arm of the|
|Project Summary||Help us recruit a diverse and dynamic next generation of law enforcement agents.|
|Agency||Department of State|
|Number of Interns||1|
• Working with Diplomatic Security Service staff to develop a recruiting plan.
• Researching existing undergraduate and graduate institutions and professional organizations to analyze and compare them against competing factors such as location, student/member diversity, criminal justice curriculum, etc. Deliverable will be a paper with supporting graphics and tables that will assist in strategizing, planning, recruiting, and educating our future workforce.
• Identifying and contacting potential recruiting partners and influencers, including professional organizations, affinity groups, and university career centers
• Assisting with scheduling and advertising of the recruitment travel and events at or near your campus
• Supporting and participating in recruiting events or information sessions at or near your campus by managing logistics, registering attendees, and taking photos
• Serving as the principal point of contact for students and faculty on your campus
• Developing social media content of national or regional interest
• Analyzing data and metrics to measure outcomes. Deliverable will be a paper with supporting graphics and tables.
|Social media management|
Tasked with protecting U.S. diplomats, Embassies and Consulates, as well as the integrity of U.S. travel documents, the Diplomatic Security Service has the largest global reach of any U.S. federal law enforcement agency. Diplomatic Security has offices in 29 U.S. cities and in more than 270 locations around the world. Since 1916, Diplomatic Security and its predecessor agencies have investigated passport and visa crime. The dedicated cadre of special agents, analysts, and support staff coordinate with other federal and international law enforcement agencies to help protect the integrity of the U.S. passport and visa.
Learn more about Diplomatic Security at https://www.state.gov/bureaus-offices/under-secretary-for-management/bureau-of-diplomatic-security/
Follow us on social media at @StateDeptDSS and https://www.instagram.com/statedeptdss