Project Code: L-USAID-USA-66
|Project Title||Strengthen civil society engagement to promote resilient food systems|
|Project Summary||Seeking energetic and self-motivated e-intern to help strengthen civil society engagement to promote resilient food systems!|
|Agency||Agency for International Development|
|Number of Interns||1|
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) leads the U.S. Government’s international development and humanitarian efforts to save lives, reduce poverty, strengthen democratic governance and help people progress beyond assistance. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USAID has a 9,000 person global workforce.
This VSFS position is located in the Program Office (PO) of USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS). RFS’s mission is to partner to advance inclusive agriculture-led growth, resilience, nutrition, and access to water and sanitation to accelerate and protect progress on the Journey to Self-Reliance. RFS oversees four high-level, integrated efforts in support of this mission: (1) Feed the Future, guided by the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS), (2) the USAID Multi-Sector Nutrition Strategy, (3) the U.S. Global Water Strategy, and (4) efforts to increase resilience in areas of recurrent humanitarian crisis.
The VSFS intern will work directly with the RFS Civil Society Adviser in producing materials and conducting research on how we engage civil society groups and local actors. Some potential assignments may include:
* Developing or updating one pagers, fact sheets, toolkits, and infographics to highlight lessons learned;
* Conducting research on civil society engagement, community led development and the localization of aid;
* Supporting local capacity development approaches with USAID field staff and implementing partners;
* Developing and designing promotional materials and marketing tools;
* Supporting qualitative and quantitative analyses, as needed;
* Storytelling, content creation, and drafting blogs.
Benefits for the Intern:
* Very flexible work schedule;
* Specific, meaningful, and quality work experience;
* Mentoring and networking opportunities;
* Learn about the work done by USAID
|Editing and proofreading|
|Survey / polling design|
This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in gaining experience in international development, specifically in nutrition, food security, agriculture, resilience, and the water sectors. The VSFS intern must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks in a virtual environment. Students from all academic disciplines are welcome to apply.