|Project Title||Help unlock the records of the National Archives by building tools with our API|
|Project Summary||Use the National Archives Catalog API to develop tools, platforms, web pages, and more.|
|Agency||National Archives and Records Administration|
|Number of Interns||1|
The National Archives Catalog API provides a window into the millions of digitized records and archival descriptions the National Archives has available to the public. The API is currently in version 1. Use what our API offers so far to develop a tool, a platform, a web page, or other project that will be of use to the general public.
Overall, this project would have the participant:
1) Conduct an inventory of the types of projects possible to be built off the API and evaluate impact and feasibility.
2) Prioritize and determine with NARA what they can develop in the time frame of the internship.
3) Develop the proof of concept tool, etc. - open source and on GitHub.
4) Share with NARA the developed product.
5) Share with NARA recommendations for additional improvements to make our API even more robust and to highlight what works well, what doesn't work so well, and what could be done better.
For more information about the National Archives Catalog API, please visit our GitHub repository: https://github.com/usnationalarchives/Catalog-API